The Go!SCAN 3D offers great possibilities for the health care industry. Due to its portability, ease of use and real-time results, it can reduce turnaround times by replacing or skipping steps found in traditional methods, while making the process seamless, non-invasive and low-stress for patients.
As no 2 human bodies are alike, 3D body scanning can find its purpose basically everywhere a custom fit is called for. Here is a short list of applications where the Go!SCAN 3D scanner can be used in the healthcare industry:
- Designing and manufacturing various orthosis and prosthesis without the need for plaster casts
- Treating plagiocephaly (flattened head in infants) by creating custom-molded helmets
- Designing custom footwear
- Monitoring the healing of large wounds and burns
- Scanning body parts for plastic surgery.